Recent Posts

Friday, January 25, 2008

A BA should be a RAD developer. Not!

Ok, so I started hacking up some HTML using our corporate branding standards and the free snippets we have. While it was cool and easy for me to just drag a snippet into Dreamweaver and have it appear on the page without any work, there's a lot of customization involved to get it to look exactly the way I want. I just don't know enough HTML to start playing with divs, tables, spans, colwidths, etc. and putting various elements exactly where I need them, nor do I have the inclination. We really do need a full-time expert on this kind of job! It was a good exercise for me to try in any case. I now am familiar with the space, know what kind of expertise is required, how to set up other people to do the same thing, and I know enough to make a case for bringing this kind of expertise into our firm.

My philosophy is: talk is cheap; only by doing do you really know [and what I mean by know is knowing by your gut]. You just gotta experiment and try different things and see what works.

No comments: