Recent Posts

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Importance of Feedback

Coaching; Feedback; Important Stuff!



I've been thinking about this because of my latest passion: taking spinning classes!

Our minds tell us we have reached our breaking point and we possibly can't do anymore. But listening to the coach, he tells you to turn it up and if you listen and do it, you achieve way more than you possibly think you could have. All through the class, he kept telling us to turn the knob to the right, and I kept doing it; and then when the song ended and he told us to sit it down and ease up, I realized how far to the right I had twisted the knob and how difficult it was to keep spinning AND I KNEW that I myself would never have pushed myself to spin that hard!


There's a famous quote by Einstein:
"You cannot solve a problem from the same consciousness that created it. You must learn to see the world anew."


Listening to your mind, your own closed system of what's possible and what's not will NOT bring out your best. You need to be able to take direction from the outside. Coaching can really bring out your best. All top performers in any discipline require coaches; Coaches can see your true potential before even you can. Skilled coaches can bring out your true potential.
I would never have gotten to that difficult level of spinning on my own or even thought I was capable if the coach didn't push me to get there. It was simply out of my reality!

So whatever you're interested in: go seek a coach, mentor, buddy, whoever; Life Coaches, Executive Coaches, Personal Trainers, etc; go for it!

No comments: